Skip to content
Supported Employment is a way to provide employers with competent, motivated workers; and to provide individuals with developmental disabilities supported work opportunities. This services provides a direct staff person to assist the person to maintain employment. The service reduces turnover and training costs while increasing productivity and worker diversity.
Based on assessed need services may include:
- Vocational counseling.
- On the job training in work and work related skills.
- Accommodation of work performance tasks.
- Supervision and monitoring by a job coach.
- Intervention to replace inappropriate work behaviors with adaptive work skills and behaviors.
- Retraining as job changes or job tasks change.
- Training in skill essential to obtain and retain employment.
- Transportation to and from the job site or assistance in locating community transportation.