Skip to content
Behavior support professionals work along with the person and other team members to assess the waiver recipients needs and develop skills development programs and/or positive behavior interventions.
Based on assessed need, services may include:
- Developing training plans that include person specific intervention and instruction
- Completes functional assessment to identify targeted maladaptive behaviors
- Creates positive behavior support plans, protocols, or guidelines as needed.
- Providing training to staff persons and/or natural supports who will implement the training plans, guidelines, protocols, or behavior support plans.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the training plans, guidelines, protocols, or behavior support plans.
- Revises plans as necessary
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Provide on-site training and support in behavioral crisis situations
- Evaluate environment for implementation of activities, training plans, guidelines, protocols, or behavior support plans.