Skip to content
Job Development is a service designed to assist the person with a disability in locating a job in the community and determining how to ensure that the work duties are carefully matched with the worker abilities.
Based on assessed needs, services may include:
- Planned visits and meetings with prospective employers to facilitate job acquisition.
- Negotiation of job duties and employer expectations.
- Creating, modifying or customizing community based jobs so that it can be successfully performed by the person who receives services.
- Assessment in job site to determine status of job requirements.
- Assessment of personal interactions with co-workers and public.
- Supports to assist a person in developing a business plan and obtaining funding for starting his/her own business.
- Work with the person receiving services toward the goal of having supported or competitive employment.